Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Mother's Day Scripture

My favorite memory of the time I had growing up and being with my mom was when she was holding me in her lap. She's got the greatest skin, warm touch and smile. Many of those moments involved a book and reading, too. This favorite pastime has translated into really being aware when I have the opportunity to read or cuddle with my children, how it's so perfect. It's just the best, isn't it?

To wrap up my year's study of the book of Isaiah, there were some scriptures this week that were new to me.  When the bible mentions something tender, it's so nice to think of those visuals in real life, knowing that the way it's meant to be - well, it's just the way it's meant to be.  This scripture was talking about the blessings of a nation, but it's comparison is that of a young child with their mother.

 “I will extend peace to her like a river, 
   and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; you will nurse and be carried on her arm 
   and dandled on her knees."  Isaiah 66:11

dan·dle


[dan-dl]  Show IPA
–verb (used with object), -dled, -dling.
1.
to move (a babychild, etc.) lightly up and down, as onone's knee or in one's arms.
2.
to pet; pamper.


For a Valentine's sentiment, link to http://easyreadingpicks.blogspot.com/2011/02/cute-stories.html.

No comments: