Search This Blog

Monday, June 02, 2008

Writing Exercise #6 - Tommy Walker


Sunday during worship "I have a Father" - was a song I wanted to know more about.  I've seen Tommy Walker's name on a few we've learned at Central.  www.TommyWalker.net shares more of his music and gives instruction to his methods in writing a song.  The topic of staying on a theme - and soaking into the major line of the song is what struck me.  My hope is work on this with something I'm writing about right now - being true to your mate.  Everyday being true to the core in this love, inspired by the verse in Proverbs 31:12 saying, "She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life."  

Writing exercise...when we can share that inspiration so clearly, focused & with intention, it will bring about eternal change. This is powerful, beautiful & can bring lasting joy as the good takes root in our lives.  

2 comments:

Regina said...

Thanks for your comment on my Iowa State Fair entry. Checking out your blog, Tommy Walker's name caught my attention. I sing in my church's praise band & Tommy's music is a favorite. "He Knows My Name" (I have a father) is one of my favorites.
Blessings to you.

Jennifer Noble said...

Mine too! Thanks - & keep singing! Jennifer